JellyPages.com

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Watchman Essay Topic Ideas

One essay idea I've had would be to explore and try to prove how Mars represents heaven, New York City represents Earth, and Antartica is hell. I think it would be really interesting to talk about why and how each place represents these biblical spaces, and how they function as such in the story. This topic would be really interesting to read about, but also to write about so I'm claiming that as mine.

I also think it would be hard but really thought provoking to write about the moral implications of what Veidt did. The essay could support his actions and prove why they're just, or the essay could prove why his actions were wrong and what should happen to Veidt in the aftermath (i.e. should he get punished?). I think that would be pretty hard, but it would be really interesting to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment