JellyPages.com

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Watchmen Essay Ideas

One of my essay ideas about Watchmen is the topic of the comedians smilie face and the repetition of it throughout the book. The face shows up in the panels so often that I am curious to why Alan Moore did this and what peoples points of view are on it.
In class discussions we always pointed out the faces however we never discussed its meaning or why Alan Moore kept returning back to the comedian. I think that this could be a hard topic to write about however I think it would be very interesting to see peoples view on it.
My other essay topic idea is the constant reference of religion in the book, especially towards the end when the boat blows up as well as Dr. Manhattan and him being the Godly figure in the book. There are also plenty of bible verses that are quoted at the end of each chapter which can also be discussed in an essay as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment